This page covers all the FPGA and Verilog content from Time to Explore.
Feedback to @WillFlux is most welcome. Updated October 2018.
Introduction to Verilog
This series introduces Verilog and FPGA programming using the Digilent Arty & Nexys Video. No prior FPGA experience is required.
- Hello World with Verilog & Vivado: Arty or Nexys Video
- Clocks, Counting, & Colour
- Controlling Things with Buttons
VGA Graphics with Verilog
This series teaches you how to create images, animations, and simple games with VGA graphics. It's aimed at Digilent Arty, Basys 3, and Nexys Video boards, but includes instructions on working with other hardware.
- Part 1 - How Displays Work and a 640x480 VGA Driver in Verilog
- Part 2 - Bitmaps and Frame Buffers using Block Ram
- Part 3 - Sprites and Double Buffering
Handy recipes for common FPGA designs and problems.
- Initialize Memory in Verilog - load static data, such as firmware, graphics, text or fonts into memory with Verilog.
- Block Ram in Verilog with Vivado - Making use of block ram (BRAM) in Xilinx Vivado and other tools.
- Video Timings: VGA, SVGA, 720P, 1080P - Understanding video timings, including 640x480, 800x600, 1280x720 & 1920x1080 HD.
- Fixed Point Numbers in Verilog - Work with non-integers in Verilog, without requiring external IP or complex logic.
- Shifting Verilog Values for CORDIC and Division - Using the Verilog
casexstatement to shift numbers into a range.